Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Lola Lucy...

It's late at night.

It's the holidays and it's the only time I actually can stay up late into the night watching TV and therefore that's exactly what I'm doing.

Watching TV late into the night and if the stations run out of shows then there are always DVDs available to help me past the time.

Lola comes out for the umpteenth time.

My grandma, though already eighty years old, always took the time to make sure I don't forget to,

a. Turn off all apliances
b. Close all doors
c. Turn off all lights
d. Close all windows

She's famous for being in tagalog makulit or in english repetitive. I don't think she realizes that she has told me these very things just five minutes ago, or that she has probably said this about ten times now in one night.

My Lola also has this weird habit of waking up in the middle of the night or to be more exact way early in the morning like-one-a.m.-two-a.m.-type-of-morning to...

Kill cockroaches.

I mean, sure I hate cockroaches too but hey, that's like my sleeping time and bother with those stupid things I am not going to waste precious minutes sleeping just to kill them bladdy darn things.

But I guess she doesn't realize it.

On April 20, 2007, my Lola died.

Now, when it's late at night, when I'm watching TV, or when I suddenly wake up in the middle of the night, I'm going to think of her. I'm going to wish she was there to tell me over and over again, even though I already know it, to turn off all appliances, close all doors, turn off all lights, close all windows. I'm going to wish that it was her that woke me up in the middle of the night, that she was there to kill those dreadful cockroaches crawling about outside.

I guess I didn't realize it, but those things which I found annoying...

Those things are a part of her that I will miss the most.

I love you, Lola.

And I'm dreadfully going to miss you.

Lotsa love, Jana

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home