Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Don't waste the third time...

I know it's late but hey whatever, this is my blog. Don't like? Don't read. Simple as that.

"The Da Vinci Code" movie is coming out soon and personally I'm lookg forward to watching that. I've read the book and I found it immensely interesting and I like it. I found it deeply engaging and yes it has captured my attention.

Now before you start stoning me or scolding me or whatever. I don't believe a word that comes from that book. Especially the ones about Jesus Christ. It's a fiction book. People should always keep that in mind.

Now Dan Brown totally wasted his talent on this book. I mean the actions and the characters and the situations were beautifully done. The way the words grab your attention and keep readers turning the page. Yes, it's a very good book.

But of course he had to ruin it by talking about lies and telling them as truth. I mean, of course fiction means not the truth but when he put this "All descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents and secret rituals in this novel are accurate."

That's where Dan Brown started making his mistakes in this book, and there were a lot of those. "The Da Vinci Code" is by far the worst ever researched piece of material.

When you accept the fact that it's ficition, you get to enjoy the book for what it is, a work of fiction. However, there is one big thing that I definitely dislike and forever will be dislike of "The Da Vinci Code"

The way it mocks Jesus and His ministry by saying that He was married to Mary Magadalene. That's where I draw the line. Nobody touches my Jesus.

The moment you make fun of Jesus, especially to my face. You're going to have one very bitter enemy. Honestly. That's one thing that I'm going to find it very hard to forgive. And that's why, even though Dan Brown is a very good writer and definitely one of the best I've seen, he is never going to get any respect from me. To me he is just the idiot that wasted his talent.

Man, I wish I had the one with the talent of writing stories like that. What a waste.

Lotsa love, Jana

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home