Monday, August 07, 2006

Me? Selfish? Probably...

I was going through random blogs when I found an entry about good versus evil.

This post basically says that, what's good for your opinion may not be good for someone else. What's bad for you maybe bad for someone else.

So basically, you can't really judge someone because his idea of right and wrong is different from your idea of right and wrong. Because you guys were given different ideals and different priorities while growing up.

And personally, I think that's a load of bull.

I don't know about you, but soon if everybody accepts this idea, everything they do whether wrong or right, they can easily give a flippant excuse of,

"Well I believe doing [insert action here] was right and you and I are different so you can't say that I did something wrong when you obviously don't know what I've been through."

It starts small.

A leader can start oppressing his people under the excuse that he discplining people.

A person can steal because he is just trying to feed his family. [I know I sound like a b*tch but still. Stealing is stealing. Somebody might have worked hard for that money, what happens to them? Feeding your hungry children is no excuse for you to steal. Besides where's that going to lead you to? More stealing.]

It's ok to kill someone else because hey they killed your buddy, so yeah kill them too.

Am I the only one who thinks like this anymore?

Soon everyone can whatever the heck they want, because they only selfishly think of themselves.

I just can't seem to accept that.

Lotsa love, Jana

*Edited*

Jam wrote about the same topic just yesterday.

Somehow... I still can't get myself to agree with even my own bestfriend's points.

Because the moment I do, you start giving excuses to everybody.

Sure I can sympathize with the kid who killed the guy who raped the sister, but I can't possibly excuse that.

For me, that kid is a murderer. Just as much as that man was a rapist.

What the man did to the sister was wrong, I'm not denying that, but the kid should not have taken the law into his own hands. That's where he made his mistake.

No one person has the right to ever kill anyone.

We are made in the image of God, said so in the Bible. Sure many of us don't act like God and some of us even think that we're better than God, but that doesn't change the fact that we were made in His image.

He had Himself in mind when we were created, and by killing one another, you basically attempt to kill God.

Blood by blood, that kid deserves to die under God's law, but no one person can do it. It has to be by some kind of government.

I know a lot of people are going to disagree... but this is my stand.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home