Thursday, September 14, 2006

Upon three chairs...

Everytime I go home from campus, I always pass by this house that has three chairs. I don't usually take notice of those random things but this time somehow this certain time, I noticed it.

There were three people on those three chairs.

On it was a man, with a huge belly probably due to drinking too much. The other was a lady, smoking her life away. And finally a small child, covered in dirt.

And I somehow I started wondering, what would my life be if I was that child, born in that family? And somehow I was thankful that I was born in my own family. Thankful that my family were not like them.

As soon as that thought entered my mind, guilt ate at me. Like I was gloating my good fortune over them. But I couldn't help it.

I was thankful that my life is not like that.

But then I felt pity.

I wanted to help them out. I wanted to help them out.

I wanted to do something.

Soon however, they were gone as the jeep passed by quicker than I hoped for.

I still look for them everytime I pass by, staring at those chairs, somehow hoping to see them. But I've never saw them again.

Not once.

I wonder how they are.

Lotsa love, Jana

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger juice said...

keep praying jana... u really never know.

9:10 AM 
Blogger jana said...

Yeah I know...

2:06 PM 
Blogger Queen Sana said...

It's not gloating at all.

It's the realization that life isn't ever as complicated or as hard as we think.

It's a reminder to be grateful for all we have, because they may rile us about our weight, and irritate us about studies we don't have problems with, try to take control of issues where control was never an issue......

But they're family, they're stable, and they'd pull out their own hearts before they let us suffer in any way.

4:28 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home