Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Bored

Before I start with my rant, may I just greet all my readers (or rather, the random people who make the mistake of visiting my blog),

Merry Christmas Eve! May your stomach's be full of all the food that you're going to eat tonight and may you sleep well enough so that when you're parents tiptoe towards the sock you left outside, you won't hear them slip a toy or two into your Christmas stocking.

Now. On to ranting.

It's been five days since the Christmas break started and already it has lost it's appeal after the first two days. I mean sure, I love the whole not having to do anything at all. Staying up until wee hours of the morning, sleeping in until noon, and the whole taking a shower only when I feel like it, I mean this is what the holiday is all about.

But.

In the weirdest way, I miss the mind numbing need to do something. The crushing weight of requirements. The suffocating grip of exams. I miss it, like an addict who is addicted to being tired, I miss being tired. Somehow it makes me feel alive. I mean this two week vacation is giving me enough rest that I need but, the whole not doing anything is messing with my mind and I've already run out of things to do.

It's kind of weird. You wait and you wait until vacation comes because you're so tired and you want to rest and get it all over with and then when vacation comes, you get bored of not doing anything and you want to feel the rush of adrenaline to flow into your bloodstream and you want to do something, except there's nothing to do.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

Lotsa love, Jana

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home