Wednesday, April 08, 2009

For Nadie

On the 5th of April, I was panicking because I realized that I forgot something. How could I have forgotten, and she is going to kill me, were the thoughts that were going through my head. I checked her blogs and there were a bunch of people going Happy Birthday! And I'm thinking, oh no... she really is going to kill me. And so I started to think of something, anything to make sure that her anger will ebb away, because she has never forgotten my birthday, and damn it, I really try my hardest not to forget hers. I think of excuses, anything, that might prevent her from turning me into a burger and devouring me.

"I was stuck on a mountain, and I swear they had no signal there, so how could I have greeted you. But seriously I was thinking of you yesterday"

"I'm really sorry my brain just died, that's why I forgot about it, I mean duh, I don't even know my name at the moment, so yeah it's a big step for me to be able to greet you a belated right?"

I decided to go with the mountain.

And so I spammed her with several belated birthday greetings. After being satisfied and praying to the fairies that she won't be too pissed off about it, I casually glance at her blog one more time.

"Happy birthday baby rockstar!"

Wait what?

Baby rockstar??? Isn't baby rockstar her boyfriend?? It's his birthday too? Hmmm... What a loving coincidence. Then something hits me like a brick; the way I remember her birthday was through her e-mail, and I quickly checked it to realize that dude her birthday isn't on the fourth of april, it was on the eighth.

Why did I think 408??? It was 804! Gosh darn it!

And so I spammed her some more about my huge mistake and I felt slightly sorry about losing the whole mountain excuse because I can't use that excuse anymore when I actually really forget her birthday. And the mountain wasn't a pretty bad excuse at all.


And so to make it up for the mistake, I have decided to post this blog post on 12:00 AM, on the 8th of April, 2008 to commemorate the day she takes an annual step closer to her death. Yay!

With our high school picture from graduation, I would like to express the happiest of birthdays to the one, the only, NADIE-DODO!

The only girl I would choose to pursue, if I were actually either a guy, or a lesbian.

Happy Birthday Nadie, I love you and I miss you so very mucho.

Lotsa love, Jana

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous eunni said...

lmao funny story. happy bday to your friend tho. ;]

2:21 PM 
Blogger jana said...

hahaha, thanks. i like trying to make people laugh

4:32 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home