Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Night Like Mine

I feel like the night belongs to me.

When I'm up in the middle of the night like this, I feel like everything was made just for me. Like the stars where placed in the sky, so that I would have something to look at. That the trees whisper with the wind because they're trying to tell me something. Even if I was just sitting in one place, I feel like I'm being transported somewhere else. Somewhere magical; a place where fairy tales can actually exist, where the night sky had no boundaries, and flying unicorns and pretty fairies danced somewhere far, far, too far for me to see, but it's easier to believe their existence in the night like this.

Most of the time, it's the harsh cold light of day that jolts me from my lucid dream, hiding the stars from my view, forcing me to see that trees are really just trees with nothing to tell me. I never did like the day much. Daylight meant reality. Daylight means that I have to work instead of dream. Everyone is awake, so the day can't belong to me alone. No fairies can exist in the day cause the sun is too bright for them to show their sparkle, and unicorns can't fly during the day cause their wings would burn because of the hot, hot, heat of the son. Fairy tales, for me, can't exist in the day, because the day is filled with too many people, and too much noises.

So let me stay up just a little bit while longer.

Let me pretend that those lands I can't see, are not because they don't exist, but because they're too far, and I'll probably have to squint a little harder just to be able to catch a glimpse of sparkle of sorts or maybe the shiny horn of a unicorn flying up in the horizon.

Let this night be mine for a little while.

Lotsa love, Jana

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home