Saturday, October 31, 2009

National Novel Writing Month

Ladies, gents, and pumpkins.

This is it. I'm finally going to do something I've dreamed to do, since I won that Best Composition award when I was in Grade 5, and that is to actually finish a novel all on my own. And so I have decided to become a part of this annual, one-month, attempt to finish a novel, and it starts at midnight, tonight.

Do you know all the thoughts going through my brain? They consists of thought patterns that are equal to: What are you thinking? Give up, right now, just do it, before you embarrass yourself, in front of everyone who will read this note (which is about 2 people, including myself?). You are never going to find the time to finish a novel, you've got classes and work, and requirements, and your normal life to lead, so know this now, you will absolutely fail.

But then the fighter in me, the one who has always dreamed of writing and finishing a novel since the minute she knew she could form letters into words into coherent sentences mixed together to form a paragraph, well she wants to tell the sodding idiot whom she lovingly calls Anal-Retentive Editor who lives in the other end of my brain, and for one month, the fighter is going to tie up said editor, and only letting her out when November is over.

So, yeah. Novel, here I go.

Lotsa love, Jana

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home