Friday, July 07, 2006

Practice makes perfect...

I know it. I just know it.

I am going to fail Introduction to Music.

"Am I the only one who doesn't understand a thing here?"

I look around my classmates. All with their expectant eyes, their nodding heads and note-taking-constantly-moving-fingers.

Compare them to me. A girl who is sitting on a chair in the middle of the classroom, vainly trying to stimulate her already numb grey matter. Jaw-dropped, glazed-over-eyes and hands-wanting-to-type-but-doesn't-have-the-sufficient-brain-matter-to-continue-after-the-date.

Numbers, drawings, lines, letters and weird symbols dance before my very eyes with A Lady In Pink (my teacher plus exessive pink garments and accessories) producing them from her fingertips.

I look up and down, trying to reconcile the squiggles and the information coming from A Lady In Pink. All the while hoping (begging and pleading) that somehow (someway and somewhere) I would (finally) get it.

I didn't.

But hey, at least I can confidently say, I looked like I did.

It just goes to show that I have the ability to disconnect my brain from my mouth and actually speak as if I understood.

I wonder how A Lady In Pink would react if she found out that I had no clue what the heck I was talking about.

It's a talent. A skill you have to practice and I have honed it to perfection.

Lotsa love, Jana

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home