Friday, September 29, 2006

Typhoon Xangsane hit dorm of weird student...

I witnessed a flying window screen yesterday.

I'm not even barely kidding.

Yesterday, a storm of great proportions visited the humble abode of our campus, totally wrecking, causing to fly and not to mention wetting everything in it.

Either trees were pulled from the ground without mercy and crushing whatever it is that happens to be under it or it was was left hideously bare and naked with all its leaves ripped off.

We were stuck in the dorm the whole day yesterday out of fear because there was no electricity and the wind was definitely destructive.

It only lasted that day though.

The next day, the sky was so beautiful it was as if all the dirt and grime and darkness was scrubbed from it, leaving the beautiful colors, mixing with the rays of light to produce a beautiful sunrise.

However the campus was in desolation, and we had to clean it up.

Most of the day was spent cleaning the place. Clearing up the debris was left to the girls while the turning-of-the-fallen-trees-into-future-fire-wood-or-whatever-those-fallen-trees-turned-pieces-of-wood-will-be-used-for was up to the guys.

Though I did get into the hacking at some of the fallen tree myself.

This was the first time I ever experienced a typhoon and did I mention that even though I was freaked and scared beyond words, especially when the power was cut, I had other emotions stirring deep within my gut.

Amazement and awe.

God is pretty powerful.

Lotsa love, Jana

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Hi Jana! Glad to know you're ok.

That was some typhoon that hit us, huh? Amidst all the mayhem, I felt what you felt too - sheer awe at the incredible forces of nature.

Now I just wish the darn electricity will get back on!!!

Take care. Feel free to visit my blog again! c",)

8:12 PM 
Blogger Queen Sana said...

"The next day, the sky was so beautiful it was as if all the dirt and grime and darkness was scrubbed from it, leaving the beautiful colors, mixing with the rays of light to produce a beautiful sunrise"

I liked that. I might just steal that.

You ROCK Jana!!!

6:45 AM 
Blogger jana said...

To Irene, thankies for visting my site ^^ haha

To Sana, by all means go ahead. and Thankies too...

4:10 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home