Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Bat-chicken...

Exaggeration Level:

The campus yesterday was a zoo.

Reality Level:

I saw a cat, a rat, a puppy and a chicken in the span of less than half hour.

The Mixture-of-Exaggeration-and-Reality-aka-Jana Level:

Oh my gosh-ness. I saw a cat and rat yesterday and they were like there and they were playing like a game. Except it was a deadly game cause the rat is probably gonna die when the cat catches it.

Then minutes later I saw this puppy just totally staring at this little fiasco. Like sitting there and watching a drama unfold between the cat and the rat.

By the look it's in eyes I swear I would have thought it was watching the latest famous series on tv. I mean it didn't even budge when I walked beside it.

Then a few steps later, I hear this awful predator-ish-someone's-out-to-kill-you-and-he/she-is-so-gonna-jump-out-that-bush-man!-sound around the bushes near the Chapel area of our campus.

I turned expecting a snake to slither out and scare the hell out me. When a chicken just walked out of it. I mean a chicken.

You don't normally see a chicken around Manila you know... especially considering the fact that no one takes care of chickens next door or anywhere near the campus area.

Maybe it's like the super-heroes of chickens.

The Bat-chicken.

The Lone Chicken.

Lotsa love, Jana

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe it was an escapee from Chicken Run, lol.

10:37 AM 
Blogger devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

Heh, that is pretty odd. Do you wonder whatever happened to the chicken after it left campus?

11:34 AM 
Blogger Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Thanks for sharing - via the Carnival

12:46 PM 
Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Hi...I am walking down the midway at THE BESTEST BLOG CARNIVAL and enjoyed your attraction...

1:33 AM 
Blogger desert rat said...

Maybe it was SUPER CHICKEN ("When you find yourself in danger, when you're threatened by a stranger, when it looks like you will take a lickin' - cluck cluck cluck CLUCK...")

2:40 AM 
Blogger Desert Songbird said...

I love bizarre animal encounter stories.

Here via the Carnival.

6:00 AM 
Blogger Cinnamon Girl said...

Wow that had to have been one really weird day for you! Thanks for sharing via the Carnival!

3:30 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home