Saturday, July 26, 2008

Shoddy...

I don't know if I can do this.

Recently, I was approached by our College's newspaper to request whether I could write a regular column for our newspaper and in addition to that, I would also still be part of the writing force of the said newspaper, under the featured section.

I'm slightly scared. Ok, understatement, I am freaking scared. I mean, haven't I already mentioned several blog updates ago, that I'm about ready to give up the idea that I have an inkling of a talent as a writer.

I'm not sure the way I write will be something that people will want to read in newspapers. And this is featured writing we're talking about! I actually have to write my opinions on the subject and not just rattling off of facts and information. I actually have to let those people reading it show who I am and I'm kind of scared they're not really going to like who I am.

Anyway, do pray for me, because as much as I know I am a shoddy writer, I accepted the job and I'll tell you guys when I pass my hard-written work and they kick me out of the newspaper because as I mentioned earlier in this sentence, I am a shoddy writer.

Haaaay.

Lotsa love, Jana

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I for one, enjoy your writing. So I figure if I enjoy it, then...... there Must be others out there who enjoy it also.

Keep up the good work !

Kate
www.TheCapodimonteShoppe.com

3:21 PM 
Blogger jana said...

haha thanks for encouragement. :)

2:51 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is the update on the shoddy writer... your blogs made me smile..i enjoyed then. keep it up

7:25 PM 
Blogger jana said...

to jelle_d, well i already passed my write-up for the column. and am now currently waiting for any news about it, so since there's still nothing about my work being so bad that it has been scrapped, I think I did ok. haha

2:59 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home