Friday, December 26, 2008

Warm

The night is unusually cold. Maybe because the electric fan is blowing in my face. Maybe because I just took a cold shower. Maybe because I'm wearing a thin shirt and thin pair of shorts. Ok so maybe it isn't unusual that I'm cold, but the fact remains that the night is still cold.

Christmas has come and gone. Gifts opened, some adored, some not-so-much, some placed on display, some already boxed away. Food eaten, some right after they were cooked, whilst some were savored, but they're all gone now.

As the night remains cold, I'm watching the screen and remembering something. As my videos are being downloaded and my songs are playing, I'm remembering the sound of a voice that said this morning, or rather Christmas morning several hours earlier, something creeps into my heart and I suddenly feel very warm.

"I didn't come here because I had no other place to go during Christmas. I didn't come here for the food that was served. I didn't even come here for the presents. I traveled miles and miles from my house to your house all because I wanted to be with you. The only reason I'm here is because of you."

And then when I started thinking of that, it didn't matter that electric fan was still blowing in my face. It didn't matter that my body is shaking because of my cold shower. It didn't even matter that I was wearing a flimsy outfit.

The night suddenly became warm as your words wrapped a blanket across my heart. And you know the most unusual thing about this warmth? Even though night remains cold, even though my hair is standing on end, even though I shiver every now and then, I feel very very warm and I'm not finding it unusual at all.

You are the crazy thing in my crazy world that makes sense to me.

I love you.

Lotsa love, Jana

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home