Friday, December 25, 2009

On Christmas Day

Christmas Twenty-Oh-Nine wasn't so bad.

It really wasn't as bad as I feared it would be. I wasn't lonely, I did count the minutes that seemed to slowly, and dreadfully pass by, and the thought that I'm having such a pathetic time did not enter my mind at all. Sure, if I had a choice, I would have spent this day in a slightly different manner, but that being said, I believe I had fun.

I had only been sleeping for about two hours, when at 6 am, I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing, with the Turtle on the other end of the line. They came to pick up my brother, all the way at my Professor's house where we spent the night, and I had to wake my brother up (who was grumpy to say the least--I think it runs in the family because if you wake me up like how I woke him up, I would have bitten of your head for your attempt and slept again--because he didn't get that much sleep the night before) because they were right outside the house. So, disregarding the slightly grumpy brother, it was a wonderful thing to see the Turtle so early Christmas morning. It was as if a gift from heaven that I spent time with him on Christmas Eve and at least saw him on Christmas morning.

After he and my brother left, I went sleeping for like 3 more hours, when I woke up to a heavy breakfast of pancakes prepared by our hosts, and it was like Christmas dinner all over again. To Mrs. Professor, you bake a mean, and by mean I obviously mean amazing, batch of chocolate chip cookies. There was an unstoppable flow of cookies, pancakes, and hot brewed coffee, and the conversation around the table flowed freely as well.

When we left, I went with a friend to their guest-house thingie, and I spent the whole afternoon just sleeping in their nice and comfortable bed, within an air conditioned room, after which we ate food from Kenny Rogers. I mean wow, the food today is just girmazing is it not?

After that I went back to the dorm, and here I am blogging about it.

Funny how you expect something to end up so badly, and when the day comes, it isn't so bad after all? Now as I sit here, with the fan blowing in my face, and the sounds blaring in my ear, with Christmas ending in just a couple of minutes more, I have only one thing to say before I say goodnight:
Dear Jesus, on this day I just want to say that if you weren't born here on earth, life would pretty much suck. Also, I love you.
Lotsa love, Jana

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home