Monday, January 25, 2010

Second Chances

It's hard, but I have to say I'm sorry.

There I was, having lunch with a friend, and our conversation centered around a certain guy, and how everyone seemed to really hate said guy. I was annoyed at how everyone was treating him, because I felt really, really bad for him.

I kept saying he should be given another chance, and that they shouldn't be so harsh against him since he is just a kid. I kept on going and going and going, while my friend thought long and hard. Finally I ended my long and winding rant with this statement:

"Everybody deserves a second chance."

Sipping his drink so very slowly, and then placing it just as slowly onto the table, he looked at me as if he is looking at my very soul.

"But don't you feel the same way about this guy?"

I felt like he just slapped me really, really, hard. This guy that he had mentioned was a guy whom I could not stand and if thoughts could kill, I would have killed him long ago. That's how much I hated this guy, and I really could not find it in my heart to let it go.

But my friend was right.

How could I say all those things about other people, when I myself couldn't bear to give this guy a second chance? How could I be such a high and mighty person, declaring that everyone is forgivable and yet I myself, could not forgive? How could I?

So instead of justifying myself, by saying this guy deserves every bit of anger that I have heaped upon him, I won't because you know what...

Everybody deserves a second chance... even this guy.

Lotsa love, Jana

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home