Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thank You

"I would like to thank the Administration for this opportunity that they gave me to speak in the chapel in front of all of you..."

He isn't going to say it.

"Sir Tony, for always guiding me, and teaching me, and for being a good pastor..."

I tell myself to not expect anything at all.

"To my batch-mates, you guys are the best. Thanks for always being there for me. I know all of you guys so well already."

Of course, he has to play safe. He really can't expose himself like this. You can't expect him to be really sweet when he's only expressive when he's with you.

Don't expect.

"Russel, thank you for the shirt. James, thanks for the shoes and the pants,"

He really isn't going to say anything about me, isn't he? Not a single word about me. I should have expected it, but why does it--

"Of course. Thank you Jana,"

Applause.

There's the loud applause, and everyone is looking at me, and cheering at me. And I look up at him, and he's smiling at me. He didn't get to say much, because everyone was so loud with their cheers, and I think he was too shy to continue.

He thanked me, not with words, but with his smile. His smiled as if he was thanking me for making him smile all of the three years we were together. He thanked me, not with words, but with how he looked at me. He looked at me, as if he didn't want to look anywhere else.

Now you may say that how am I getting all of these from a single look and a single smile. And I guess all I can say is that, you'll know it when you see it, and at that moment I saw it.

He thanked with a smile and a look and it was enough.

"Thanks, Jana"

You are very welcome.

Lotsa love, Jana

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home