Monday, October 04, 2010

Knight and Prince

Warning: This will be cheesy.

Every Sunday we see each other.

Even though I ought to be used to it by now, I still miss you every time Sunday ends, and from Monday to Saturday, I look forward to seeing your smile at seeing me walking down those steps. I don't know if you notice but I pretend that I'm not looking at you as I walk down, so that you won't feel awkward because your smile is as cheesy, as cheesy can be. It feels nice to know that someone is looking forward to you arriving so much that his face literally brightens when he sees you.

This Sunday, though, you were late. I was surprised because I was the one that was usually about ten to fifteen minutes late, and this time I was around thirty minutes late. In my head I was already preparing all the different ways I was going to apologize, but when I came down those steps, you weren't there.

I waited for five minutes, and you came running. I'm sorry to say this, and quite ashamed about it too, but I pretended to be really annoyed with you. In my head I was thinking what if I came early, and I waited for about... thirty-five minutes? But good thing, I didn't drag it too much. Plus you were sweet on the bus, baby you were giggling with me, that I just had to smile.

We ate dinner at a nearby McDonalds.

Call it creepy, but every time I took a spoon (forkful?) of spaghetti into my mouth, I took tiny glimpses of you. After three years, seven months and twenty-three days, I still could no believe that we're together. I still can't believe that looking at you still makes me smile, and that you looking at me and smiling still makes agitated butterflies in my stomach.

Darling, you are apparently still my prince.

My knight in shining armor.

Lotsa love, Jana

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Humberto Dib said...

Hi!
I was just looking you up.
Cheers from Argentina.
Humberto.

www.humbertodib.blogspot.com

8:05 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) I thought this was so nice brought a tear to me eye almost.

8:09 PM 
Anonymous Aili said...

Awww... I am envious ^^

5:18 AM 
Anonymous landel said...

love, love, love!! I hope I would meet a guy who I truly love.

2:01 PM 
Blogger jana said...

@Humberto; thanks mate >_<
@blueheartrave; woah, thanks for that man.
@Ate Aili; don't be!! He'll come when he comes Ate, and he'll be awesome.
@landel; thanks. He'll come when you least expect it :)

2:10 PM 
Blogger BeyondMarGien's said...

It is cheesy! I should have been cautious. But I love it anyway. ;)

love,
margie

12:46 PM 
Anonymous Richard said...

I thought it was sweet... and nice to hear from a woman's perspective... chesssy? Maybe, but with feeling... I like that.

1:18 PM 
Blogger jana said...

@Margie; I always tend to be cheesy when it comes to the Turtle
@Richard; Hahaha thanks :)

12:44 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home