Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Opinions on Shamcey Supsup, Amongst Other Things Which Are Kind of Important Too.

I love her answer.

I also expected third place.

I still wouldn't want to change her answer.

We're living in a world where expressing your individuality warrants getting crushed. Where believing strongly in one thing and not the other forces people to ostracize you. Especially when it comes to religion. The popular notion is that all roads lead to heaven, and express anything otherwise is to earn the scorn of your peers. "How dare you think that yours is the only way? How dare you consider your religion superior than mine? Why can't my way be the way too?"

Why do you think Christianity is hated so much by the world? It's because of its claims to be the only way. The only path to salvation. That's why people can't stand it. It's no wonder really why she got third place. (Sidebar: Muslims claim it too, but people usually don't say much out of fear. Even though most Muslims that I know are lovely people, the overwhelming notion of other people who do not know them equate them to scary monsters - all untrue of course). But that's what Christianity is, it's exclusive.

That's what Christianity is all about, being the only way, the only path to salvation. That's why if you choose to be a Christian, you better be in it for the long haul. Because even though it has great rewards in the end, the path that you chose isn't going to be easy.

When Shamcey said those words, I whooped inside because I wouldn't have answered any differently. But at least let me try my hand at it? Ahem, ahem.

Miss Macabali, would you change your religious beliefs to marry the man you love? Why or why not?

No, I would not change them because even though I can love a man who does not share my religious beliefs, I could never be with him because he does not love my God. I would rather choose to be alone than to be with someone who cannot share my passion for my God, for my Christ, for my Savior. My faith is an integral part of who I am, and if he does not share my faith then he cannot have me at all, at least not in that way. We're still good when it comes to remaining as friends though.

(Sidebar: Miss Macabali as a Miss Universe contestant? Stop dreaming Jana, dearest. It's never gonna happen. Ever.)

You want to be a Christian? Then you got to be willing to pay the price. It's not about being rich, or being satisfied in this world. It's about being presented with a choice: this world or Christ. This path that the world gives, or the path where Christ saves.

I chose my Christ, and I've never once regretted it.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Luna said...

Love this post. Totally true... tis something that has been on my mind a lot lately...

Really like your 'Crazy is another word for Amazing'

:)

7:27 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home