Friday, August 18, 2006

C'mon, it's a measly peso...

I came across a malay song today.

Ma'am Eunice, my pink-adoring-music-instructor gave us this assignment where we have to come up with a song in a different language.

There were five us from Pampanga, but all of us can't speak Pampang-ish-laguage, so she decided that since I grew up in Brunei, I have to teach my fellow Kapampangans a malay song and that is what we're going to sing instead.

Anyway, that's how I came across a malay song.

This strange feeling overwhelms me.

I realize that I have been away from home for three months.

This is where I start talking about being depressed. Sure Brunei has it's weird quirks but still. I was practically born there. It's my home.

I know, I know I'll get over it. Soon I'll love the Philippines more than Brunei because that's what all people who have decided to go overseas for their studies usually say.

"Don't worry about it Jana. You'll soon love the Philippines more than Brunei. I mean I love [insert country-that-friend-decides-to-study-in-overseas] now and I feel phased out whenever I go back to Brunei."

I know, I know.

But... I can't help it.

I've always loved the simplicity of that country.

Where else can you get 50% off on all bus rides because your student. Here, you only get a measly few pesos off your transport fees and some even ignore the ID that is hanging around your neck, clearly proving that you're a student and take that measly one peso that was supposed to be discounted.

I definitely prefer the transport style in Brunei.

Plus, everybody has a car.

Lotsa love, Jana

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Reeholio said...

Hi Jana, interesting template you have here.

Thanks for your interest in A World of Bloggers. I have added your blog to the Brunei spot.

Regards,

Rhys

4:04 PM 
Blogger jana said...

Thanks for visiting my site! And yeah. I mdae it myself ^^

Lotsa love, Jana

6:42 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home